Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "


Council is required to monitor the standard of operations in accommodation premises to ensure the health and safety of occupants. This is achieved by regulating particular types of accommodation premises.
Approval for rental accommodation premises is required under Council's planning scheme, where there are six (6) or more unrelated people residing in the dwelling. If you are operating a residential service (boarding houses and supported accommodation) as defined under the Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002 you will also need to make application under this legislation to the Residential Services Unit, Department of Housing and Public Works. Once you have liaised with residential services, please contact Council and arrange for an audit of your premises. You can apply for this audit using the Request for assessment application form. There is a prescribed fee for this audit.
There are no exemptions under Councils planning scheme.