Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

Council regulates caravan parks and camping grounds to ensure that they are  maintained in a clean and hygienic condition and that they provide appropriate facilities. Compliance with Council's requirements will assist you in providing a safe environment for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (e.g. person(s) or company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.

The use of an area of land for accommodation in any of the following:
  • Camping Ground;
  • Caravan Park; or
  • Temporary or semi-permanent accommodation for residential or recreational purposes, including occupying or sleeping in, or attempting to occupy or sleep in, a tent, caravan or vehicle.
Please Note: This includes the use of semi-permanent accommodation on private land whilst being built on by the owner-builder or builder. A copy of the approved Development Permit is required as part of this application.
The following activities do not require an approval from Council:
  • The temporary erection of a tent on premises at an occupied dwelling for the sole purpose of allowing a child to camp overnight in the tent on the premises.