Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

Council regulates caravan parks and camping grounds to ensure that they are  maintained in a clean and hygienic condition and that they provide appropriate facilities. Compliance with Council's requirements will assist you in providing a safe environment for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (eg person(s) or Company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.


The use of premises for residential accommodation in any of the following:

  • a caravan which is not an annexed unit  
  • a relocatable home
  • a tent. 

The following activities do not require an approval from Council:

  • A caravan or relocatable home used for residential accommodation whilst building work is being carried out for a house, or when a house has been destroyed and is unfit for human habitation. However this is limited to a maximum of 180 days per calendar year and must comply with other prescribed criteria. Contact Council for more information.
  • Camping as part of a community or recreational activity involving less than 50 people does not require a licence if it is limited to less than 14 days per calendar year.