Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

The main purpose of regulating footpath/roadside dining is to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for diners and pedestrians. Council is required to monitor the standard of operations in food premises that provide footpath/roadside dining. Compliance with Council's requirements will assist you in providing a safe footpath/roadside dining environment for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

The applicant for a licence must be a legal entity (eg person(s) or Company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.


A food business that provides tables, chairs or umbrellas on public land for outdoor dining requires a Local Law Licence from Council.


A food business that provides tables and chairs for outdoor dining on private land does not require a footpath dining permit, however may require Development Approval. To check if you require Development Approval refer to Planning and Development Online.