Eat Safe Logan Food Safety Rating Scheme
Logan City Council, in partnership with key industry representatives, has
a regulatory food safety inspection scheme called Eat Safe Logan.
All food businesses must comply with food safety laws. Council inspects licensed food businesses to check compliance. Eat Safe Logan was developed with industry associations. It is designed to provide assistance and incentives to food businesses to comply with food safety laws, and to achieve the highest standards in food safety.
Logan food businesses, consumers and Council can all benefit from a star rating scheme. Benefits can be seen in:
Overseas countries that have a food safety rating system have a reduced number of reported food poisoning cases.
- Recognition and rewards for food businesses that comply with food safety laws and employ good management practices within their businesses.
- Higher performing businesses will receive fewer audits, allowing Council Environmental Health Officers to spend more time working with poor performers.
- Higher performers will receive discounts on their annual licence fee, which will still apply.
- The display of a rating provides free marketing opportunities for a business, including a free listing on the Logan City Council website.
- Consumers will have choice when selecting a place to eat and have confidence in that choice.
View a timetable of the Eat Safe Logan project including consultation with the community and food businesses.
How were food businesses rated?
There were two rounds of inspections. Businesses first received an educational star rating that they could work towards improving, then a star rating for public release and display. Learn more about how food businesses were rated.
Tools and resources to assist food businesses
Download application forms, record templates, checklists and brochures. Some resources are available in Vietnamese and Traditional Chinese.
Who can I contact for more Information?
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call an Environmental Health Officer on 3412 3412.