Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

Council regulates roadside vendors to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for road users and pedestrians. This activity means the commercial supply of goods or services on a road. Roadside vending can involve travelling from place to place on a road and the waving down of the person operating the roadside vending by a customer (mobile roadside vending) or the activity being established in one place (stationary roadside vending).   This approval does not apply to footpath dining activities.

If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

The applicant for a licence must be a legal entity (eg person(s) or Company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.

The following activities require an approval from Council. 

Anyone selling goods from premises or a vehicle to a person who has not contracted for the supply of goods. A local law licence is required for both roadside stalls and mobile itinerant vending vehicles.

Some examples include but are not limited to

  • roadside flower seller
  • roadside seafood, fruit or vegetable seller
  • mobile pie or smoko van
  • mobile ice cream van
No exemptions are applicable for this licence type.