Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "


Council is required to monitor the standard of operations in accommodation premises to ensure the health and safety of occupants. This is achieved by regulating particular types of accommodation premises.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity, for example a person(s) or a Company.
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.

The following types of accommodation require an approval from Council:
This local law does not apply to accommodation requiring registration under the Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002 (boarding houses and supported accommodation). Application under this legislation must be made to the Residential Services Unit. Once you have liaised with Residential Services, please contact Council and arrange for a building compliance audit (as per MP5.7 of the Queensland Development Code) of your premises. This is a mandatory part of your application to Residential Services.

The following types of accommodation do not require an approval from Council: