Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


Council regulates Caravan Parks and Camping Areas to ensure that they are  maintained in a clean and hygienic condition, and that they provide appropriate facilities. Compliance with Council's requirements will assist you in providing a safe environment for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

Development Approval

You must ensure your site has relevant Development Approval. If you are unsure,
contact Council.

Do you intend to, or already operate a food business? If yes, you may also require a Food Business licence. For further information, refer to the Fixed Food Premises information.

Advertising Signs
Do you intend to, or already have any advertising signs/devices erected? If yes, refer to the Advertising Sign information. 

Building or Plumbing Approval
Do you intend to build additional structures such as fences or shade awnings? If yes, you may need to obtain building approval, either from Council or a private certifier.

Trade Waste

Do you intend to, or already discharge trade waste to Council’s sewer system? If yes, contact Council.

Flammable and Combustible Liquids
Do you propose to have, or already have Flammable and Combustible Liquids (FCL) on site? If yes, refer to Flammable and Combustible Liquids information.

Business name registration
If you are registering a new business name you will need to contact the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading.

Liquor Licensing
Liquor Licensing Division for Liquor Licence enquiries.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (e.g. person(s) or company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder.

The use of an area of land for accommodation in any of the following:
Approval for Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds is required under Council's local laws. Contact council for more information.

The following activities do not require an approval from Council:
There are no exemptions under Council's local laws - all commercially operated caravan parks and camp grounds require approval.