Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

The information provided on this site will assist you in providing a safe and hygienic entertainment venue (such as ten-pin bowling alley, sporting club, cinema, gymnasium and fitness centre, etc) for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

Approval for entertainment venues is required under Council's planning scheme. Contact Council for more information.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (e.g. person(s) or company).  Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the approval holder.

The following entertainment venues require an approval from Council:
  • cinema
  • theatre
  • concert hall
  • billiard saloon
  • electronic games centre
  • indoor sports centre (including a bowling alley)
  • art gallery
  • museum
  • bazaar or flea market (of a non-permanent nature)
  • fair ground
The following entertainment venues do not require an approval from Council:
  • A shop (means premises for the wholesale or retail sale of goods and includes a warehouse.)
  • A licensed premises under the Liquor Act 1992