Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

The information provided on this site will assist you in providing a safe and hygienic entertainment venue (such as ten-pin bowling alley, sporting club, cinema, gymnasium and fitness centre, etc) for your customers. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.

Approval for entertainment venues is required under Council's planning scheme. Contact Council for more information.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (e.g. person(s) or company).  Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the approval holder.

The following entertainment venues require an approval from Council:
There are no local law licensing requirements for entertainment venues on the Sunshine Coast.  Please refer to Who does not need an approval for more information.


The following entertainment venues do not require an approval from Council:

There are no local law licensing requirements to operate an Entertainment Venue on the Sunshine Coast. The below applications may be required:


Development Approval
You must ensure your venue has the relevant Development Approval. Contact Council's Development Information.

Do you intend to, or already operate a food business? If yes, you may also require a Food Business licence. For more information, refer to the Fixed Food Business information.

Advertising Signs

Do you intend to, or already have any advertising signs/devices erected? If yes, refer to the Advertising Sign information.

Building or Plumbing Approval
Do you intend to build additional structures on site? If yes, you may need to obtain building approval, either from Council or a private certifier.

Business name registration
If you are registering a new business name you will need to contact the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

Liquor Licensing

Contact Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation for Liquor Licence enquiries.