Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

The main purpose of regulating entertainment events is to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for patrons, whilst preventing nuisances to the surrounding environment. Compliance with Council's requirements will assist you in providing a safe event for your patrons. If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity (e.g. person(s) or company).
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the approval holder.

The following activities require an approval from Council:

i.e. for use of councils parks, foreshores, roads, beaches and reserves:

  • temporary events, including community events run by not-for-profit organisations. Event examples: carnival, sporting events, circus, concert, surf carnival.
  • commercial filming, including still photography, that uses any props or models, requires exclusive use of an area or has any infrastructure such as marquees, or full or partial road closures
  • wedding ceremonies on council controlled land

Temporary events that are carried out on private land in the Sunshine Coast area may require approval.

The following activities do not require an approval under Council's local law:
  • Social or family gatherings on council land if there is less than 50 attendees.
  • Wedding ceremonies or receptions on private property. 

Note:  Marquees are not permitted.
If no approval is required, you still have a responsibility to comply with any other relevant legislation that may apply.