Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |


" "

Council regulates roadside vendors to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for road users and pedestrians. This activity means the commercial supply of goods or services on a road. Roadside vending can involve travelling from place to place on a road and the waving down of the person operating the roadside vending by a customer (mobile roadside vending) or the activity being established in one place (stationary roadside vending).   This approval does not apply to footpath dining activities.

If your specific questions are not answered on this site, contact Council.
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity, for example, person(s) or a company.
Note - a business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the approval holder.
The following activities require an approval from Council:
Vendors wanting to start a business on Council land require a permit. This includes not-for-profit permits. Refer to: 

Other types of commercial uses of community land include:

For more information on commercial activities on community land, refer to Council's website.

Note: Council can not issue permits for roadside vending from a fixed location on a main road. Please contact the
Department of Transport and Main Roads.


Roadside Stalls

  • The purpose of the stall is to sell farm produce grown on that property.
  • Roadside stalls built along the boundary line of a rural property require a permit.
  • Development approval may be required. Please contact Council's Development Information.
  • Refer to the Roadside Stall application (Word 448KB)
The following activities do not require an approval from Council:

In the Sunshine Coast region, stalls wholly within private property:

  • do not require a permit
  • may require development approval

Please contact Council's Development Information.