Businesses outlined in the COVID Safe Future plan must comply with the restrictions outlined in the document.
COVID Safe Businesses
Although there is no longer a requirement for restricted businesses to operate under a COVID Safe Industry Plan or any of the 'industry specific' COVID Safe Checklists, business need to follow the public health directions and keep up-to-date with any requirements to make your business and customers COVID Safe.
The COVID Safe industry plans and COVID Safe checklists have been revoked, however businesses may still refer to some or all of the measures in these documents, noting that compliance with this is no longer mandatory.
All businesses which are restricted under the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction are required to:
- use the Check In Qld app to collect contact details from patrons
- encourage staff and customers to observe physical distancing
- regularly clean and disinfect their business premises, particularly surfaces used by customers and other frequently touched surfaces
- ensure handwashing facilities or hand sanitisers are available for use by visitors and workers
- notify visitors, either verbally or through signage, that they should not enter your premises if they are showing any COVID-19 symptoms
- have COVID Safe management plans (Work Health and Safety) in place which detail how you, your workers and your patrons will stay COVID safe
- operate under a COVID Safe Checklist for Restricted Businesses, which outlines the COVID Safe requirements.
- COVID safe site-specific plans
- Keeping your workplace safe, clean and healthy during COVID-19
- Collecting and storing contact information for COVID-19
- COVID-19 posters and images for businesses