Local Government Toolbox (LG Toolbox) will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
Last updated: 13 August 2020
What personal information does LG Toolbox collect?
LG Toolbox will only collect your work-related personal information. Personal information is information that identifies an individual. Personal information that LG Toolbox collects including, but not limited to is:
- your full name
- work email address
- work contact number
- job title.
Collecting and using your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of authenticating your request for access to the LG Toolbox website. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes of providing services to you like resetting your password and sending you news and updates from the website. Other authenticated users (e.g. council officers) can view your profile and contact you via the LG Toolbox Professional Directory.
When collecting your personal information, LG Toolbox will:
- explain to you why we are collecting this information and how we plan to use it
- not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you
- not ask for or collect any other information not related to work (e.g. home address, personal email address)
- not pass the information on to other entities without your consent unless it is required by law or for public interest.
LG Toolbox will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons applies:
- you have given us your consent to do so
- LG Toolbox is required by law or authorised to do so under a law
- there are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
- that person or organisation is providing a service to LG Toolbox and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy standards as under the Information Privacy Act 2009
- LG Toolbox is of the opinion that it is unable to assist with your request and that another government agency or authority is more capable of assisting or has the appropriate jurisdiction to assist with your request.
Accessing, correcting or updating your information
You can access and manage the personal information on your profile at any time through the ‘My Account’ section of the website. You may subscribe/unsubscribe from email notifications and choose to not show your profile or contact details in the same section.
LG Toolbox will also take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is updated or removed if it is no longer required.
Security of your personal information
When handling your personal information, LG Toolbox will:
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is securely stored
- monitor transmissions sent to or from LG Toolbox for quality control and systems administration
- strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
LG Toolbox contains links to other websites that are not operated by the LG Toolbox Team. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
This data is used by the LG Toolbox Team to analyse how users and visitors use the website in order to determine popularity of content, improve relevance of content and enhance user experience.
You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics or specifically opt out of Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features.
Alternatively, if you want to block cookies for all websites, you can change the privacy settings of your web browser (not recommended).
If you think LG Toolbox has breached your privacy and confidentiality, you may lodge a complaint with the LG Toolbox Team. Your complaint will be taken seriously, investigated thoroughly and you will be provided with a response. If you are not satisfied with the response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.