Other languages

Council recognises that people who have difficulty with the English language may find it difficult to access Council services.

If you need an interpreter to assist you in your dealings with Council, please inform the staff member you are dealing with and they will be able to do this via the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS).

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is for people who do not speak English and for English speakers needing to communicate with them. TIS is Australia's only national service, and is available to any person or organisation in Australia requiring interpreting services. TIS is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is accessible from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call, just call 131 450 or visit the Translating and Interpreting Service.